Friday, June 05, 2009

Summer

It's warm and sunny outside, and while I might be working, it's Friday and tomorrow, the weather forecasts tell me, it will be more of the same.
Love the beginning of summer, not just because of the weather, but there always seems to be a sense of anything is possible through May and June. I stay up longer, day dream more and plan out my weekends like each one is precious.
And, perhaps, because there is little on TV, I spend more time reading and writing, and in the movie theater. I love the trailers for summer movies, and the possibility that the movie might live up the promise of the trailer. I love the fantasy of spending a week on a chaise by a pool, reading all my TBR pile, while someone ensures my drink is always full. (Sadly, this will not happen this year, or probably anytime soon).
Maybe it's the extra Vitamin D coursing through my bloodstream, but I get my best ideas during the summer. So right now, while everyone else is figuring out all the outdoor activities they can fit into their schedule, I'm sorting out how many hours of writing I can squeeze into the next two days.
And anxiously awaiting the second season of True Blood. The trailers look amazing.. can't wait.

2 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

I am very excited about True Blood.

And Nurse Jackie which I just found out is starting on Monday (pays to eavesdrop when sitting beside the TV writers in the coffee shop.)

Molly O'Keefe said...

Yeah, I love the weekend planning, too. Going to the same park we went to two months ago is now, for some reason a bigger deal because we need to wear sunscreen.

I have the sinking feeling that my output this summer is going to sink into nothing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...