Monday, June 22, 2009

We don't talk much about our drinking problems....

I have had a drinking Renaissance. I am a born again drinker. And what you may ask has brought me to this new level of imbibing? Martini's. That's right. In particular a cucumber and thyme martini with real bits of lemon and cucumber in it. I'm a beer girl from way back - but those days are over. I want ice cold glasses and garnishes of fresh mint and green grapes (can't even remember what that drink was - I was the drunkest person at a very swanky wedding last weekend. You honestly don't want to know, but I'll tell you anyway - I passed out in my hotel room at 8 pm with a mouth full of chocolate shake. It's a low point. Delicious. But low.)

So outside of drinking, I've done little to no writing. Little to no thinking. But I read some GREAT books - The Kitchen Boy, about the imprisonment and assassination of the Romanov's. Awesome book. And so help me - Belong To Me, the sequel to one of the best freaking books I read last year - Love Walked In. I cried non-stop from LA back to Toronto.

I think it's going to be a good drinking summer - I'm gonna buy a blender.

5 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

We need cocktails. Now. It's hot out.

Anonymous said...

Gah, it is a drinking summer...

so jealous of your martinis.. and even beer right now.

I'm up for non-alcoholic cocktails.

December said...

that martini sounds delicious.

I'm usually a red wine gal - malbac has been my latest craze.
Then I discovered Arnold Palmers - with vodka flavored ice tea. Wait. iced tea flavored vodka... yeah.

Eileen said...

I went through a brief martini flirtation. Talk about maximum alcoholic bang for the buck! Whew! I'm back (sadly? gladly?) to wine. Now that it's summer, it's white wine time. There's a winery near us that makes a Sauvignon Vert. The only one I've ever had. Delicious!

Maureen McGowan said...

I'm with you, Eileen. LOVE martinis and other cocktails, but drink more than one and POW.

The nice thing about wine or beer is one can sip all evening...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...