Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

I'm going to keep this short. I have a house full of relatives and more arriving by the day. We're having 25 for dinner on Thursday and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to seat them all and we still haven't practiced getting my mother in and out of the van we rented to squire her around for the week. I wanted to make sure this was said, though.

I'm very thankful for this blog. I'm thankful for a place to put down the random thoughts I have each week about writing and to be able to do it in a community who understands what I'm talking about and why I want to talk about it. I'm thankful for the support. I'm thankful for the way you all make me laugh and think and stretch.

For those of you celebrating this week, have a safe and wonderful holiday. Hugs to you all.

Eileen

7 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

What a wonderful post, Eileen. I'm thankful for this blog too and for drunk writer talk in general. It's what keeps me sane.

I'm also thankful that I'm not cooking for 25 on Thursday. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. :)

Eileen said...

Hee hee. I'm only doing turkey and stuffing. Everyone who's coming is bringing something. Seriously, the only thing giving me palpitations is fitting everyone into my little house.

Anonymous said...

Eileen, lovely post.. and good luck with the dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie Doyle said...

Eileen - you made me weepy... and thankful too.

And hungry. Bring on the turkey!

Eileen said...

I've been weepy all week and last week, too, Steph. I cried at the soccer field at my kid's last game. I cried at a text message my sister sent me. I cried reading my son's college essay.

I'm like a big oversaturated sponge.

Maureen McGowan said...

Now I want turkey....

Molly O'Keefe said...

Hey guys - sorry I've been so out of the loop - Thanksgiving is an all encompassing endeavour at our house. And my dad couldn't remember his wireless account password until the very last day!!!

I too am thankful for this blog and for the friends I have out here in cyberspace - makes the lonliness much less lonley.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...