Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's about the love story, stupid!


So as I’ve been lamenting to anyone who would listen I am stuck in the final chapters of my book. I went back and fixed something, but now I'm not sure what the next step is.  I know what needs to happen, but I’m fighting the process in which my hero and heroine get there.
This particular story is more suspense driven and like all good (hopefully) suspense stories you want to have a logical and well… suspenseful end to the story as the killer is revealed and the heroine is saved and love wins out in the end.

I’m so tied up with how things will happen… does the killer confront the heroine. Does the hero save her? Does the heroine save herself? Was the proof in the hotel room the whole time?
So many details to figure out. So many strings to tie up. And with all this going on it occurred to me I have no idea how the love story is going to be resolved. I’m mean sure, they end up together, but how? Why? My freaking amnesiac heroine gets her memory back and all is good? That is so completely lame!

Every once and a while I have to remember… it’s a love story, stupid. Focus on two people who have met, who have obstacles internal and external, who overcome them because they are so damn in love with each other, and that’s why they want to be together.

I’m hoping if I focus on that all the rest of it will come… because I am running out of time. Gulp!

(Wanda if you’re reading this… I’m sure it’s going to be fine. No worries!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Managing suspense and romance is a tricky, tricky balance, but from what I've read of this book, you've done an amazing job so far, so I have complete faith the ending will be awesome.

Molly O'Keefe said...

the amnesia thing was always going to be tricky - it's like keeping your character hidden from yourself...but I agree - from what I've read, you're doing great!

Eileen said...

Oh, the wrap up! So hard and so crucial! Have you lived up to the promise of the premise? Have you laid the groundwork well enough?

You can do it, Steph! You're great at this.

Maureen McGowan said...

With almost every book, especially the complicated ones, I hit a point where there are so many balls in the air I have no idea how in the world I can catch them all, especially in the right order.

With Compliance (coming out in 5 sleeps, ack!) I had TONS of interrelated mostly suspensey subplots and no idea which one to resolve first or how to wrap it all up. I was so stressed. But I worked it out. I hope. And you will too. :)

Stephanie Doyle said...

You guys rock... I don't know if I believe it... but I'll take it. :)

recommended you read said...

Good post. I like it. It was interesting to read it. Great thank's author for sharing…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...