Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Okay. Checkin' in on those Milestones. Here were mine:

1) Recommit to Weight Watchers with Molly even though I have never uttered the phrase "I immediately lost 10 pounds" except possibly after having given birth. This means, no more taking spoonfuls of peanut butter, shoving them into the chocolate chip bag and eating the result washed down with milk. I am hoping to make it to the end of the month without doing that even once. I am hoping not to lie to you about it if I do.

I was kind of in denial over how much weight I'd gained. It's probably good that I had to face up to it even though it was depressing. After a few days, it became clear that I really wasn't eating enough fruits and vegetables. I'm doing a little better. I lost 3 pounds which isn't much, but it's a start.

I only did the peanut butter into the bag of chocolate chips thing twice. Once when my editor told me that my Messenger series was over and once the night after my mother's emergency pacemaker surgery. I think i get buys on both of those.

2) Get at least 1 of the chick lit books I'm rereleasing in November formatted for both Kindle and Nook.


Done.

3) Have my 20 page submission ready to submit for workshopping for the December residency of my MFA program (does it count as a Milestone if I HAVE to have it done by October 1?).


Done.

4) Play less Spider Solitaire. Seriously, I have a problem. It's absurd. I often reward myself for writing a page by playing a game of Solitaire. I am going to stretch that to two pages with plans to go to 3 pages in October.

I did a little better, but still not good. At least, it would be if I hadn't added in Sudoku.

5) Continue to exercise.

It's taking forever for my knees to heal, but I'm still getting out there. The best was a weekend ride up in Mendocino with a bunch of my girlfriends. Here's a picture of me doing Tree pose under the Redwood trees along Highway 128:


5 comments:

Stephanie Doyle said...

That's a lot accomplished Eileen! You are my hero. Now I have to go write my post. Oh my.

Eileen said...

Thanks, Steph, but I really wish those 3 pounds were more like 8 although that would still be a drop in the bucket.

I just realized I forgot to set goals for NEXT month. Let's see:

1) Eat more fruits and vegetables
2) Start agent hunt
3) Format ANOTHER chick lit book for Kindle and Nook
4) Start writing either a new cozy mystery or new women's fiction proposal (Maybe it should just be to decide which one)

Maureen McGowan said...

Great job on the goals, Eileen!!!

Eileen said...

The trick is to set one's expectations low . . .

Anonymous said...

Eileen, that is a lot accomplished, you've done so well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...